Musto Performance Skiff
Designed and developed with the following brief in mind – to produce an elegant yet simple dinghy with blistering performance that is durable and highly enjoyable to sail. Just ask any Musto Performance Skiff owner and they will confirm that the design brief has been achieved. As with any true skiff, the deck layout is extremely simple leaving the sailor free to focus on sailing the boat.
- Ease of Use:
- The superb Harken deck gear combined with the layout means that all the controls work effortlessly; don’t get tangled up with complex systems, just focus on sailing the boat. The spinnaker hoist and recovery system allows the sailor to hoist and drop in seconds due to the low friction blocks and wide chute mouth. In addition the system is not prone to jamming or ropes twisting up which could lead to problems in extreme situations.
- Confidence in Design:
- The Musto Performance Skiff has evolved and been tested using the considerable experience of the development team. From the concept in 1999 by German designer Dr. Joachim Harpprecht, a lifetime single-handed trapeze dinghy sailor, through Ovington Boats production prototypes to Dave Ovington and Ovington Boats work to finalise the production and manufacture. The previous successes of these world premier boat-building companies guarantee the quality of the Musto Performance Skiff.
- For Your Consideration:
- With the backing of Musto Ltd and with strong class rules protecting the one design principle we are enjoying strong and exciting fleet racing around the globe. The Musto Performance Skiff was presented at the ISAF single-handed trials in March 2000 for consideration for future Olympic Class. The result of the evaluation event was clear and very satisfying to everyone who was involved in the project. Evaluation sailors invited to the event by the ISAF had no problems in sailing the Musto Performance Skiff and the smiles showed their enjoyment of sailing this boat.
- Fastest in its Class:
- In every race staged by the evaluation panel the Musto Performance Skiff was the first mono hull, and in the last race sailed over a windward leeward course, the two Musto Performance Skiffs were first and second by a considerable margin. This clearly showed the performance of the Musto Performance Skiff. Recent major handicap/multi-class events have confirmed the Musto Performance Skiff to be the fastest boat of its type. Ovington Boats and Musto Ltd and the International class association, in cooperation with a strong international marketing and support system are working hard to grow the class, with up to 7 Nations represented at European events, and over 100 boats at world championships in both hemispheres. The boat clocks speeds of over twenty knots and the hull with all deck fittings weighs only 55kg for a length of 4.55m. (Bare hull weight 40kg).
- What You Get:
- Complete Race ready Musto Performance Skiff.
- Vacuum bagged Carbon/ E Glass/ Epoxy hull and deck with Divinycell foam core
- Selden Carbon mast, boom and pole
- Anodized aluminum GNAV assembly
- Epoxy/ Carbon/E-Glass Rudder and Centerboard
- Lifting rudder cartridge
- Marlow Pro-race running rigging package
- All Harken Fit-out
- Hyde sails package
- Rigging & Tuning:
Click to Download the Rigging and Tuning Guide in PDF format.
- Comprehensive guide to answer any question you might have.
- Includes pictures throughout process to assist.
- We’re available to answer any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parts & Accessories:
Click to Download the Musto Skiff Parts & Accessories Pricing Sheet in PDF format.
- Order Form:
Click to Download the Musto Skiff Construction Deposit and full order form in PDF format.
- Bennett Yachting, Inc.
15 Gooding Ave, Unit 12
Bristol, RI 02809
- Bennett Yachting, Inc.
We encourage you to inquire further. If you have any questions please contact us immediately.Thankyou for sending us an email, we will get back to you shortly.